Hunting and the Setting of InnerEurasia
The long, cold, arid winters of this region’s steppes (grass covered plains) poisedtwo distinctive problems for human settlers. The first was hot to keep warm.Humans may have used fire even a million years ago. Presumably their ability toscavenge animal carcasses meant that they could use skins or furs for warmth.However, there are no signs of hearths before about 200,000 years ago. Thissug上海浦东发展银行gests that humans used fire opportunistically and had not yet domesticatedit enough to survive the harsh winters of Ice Age Inner Eurasia.
1. According to paragraph 2, why would it havebeen difficult for humans to 长安奔奔-捉住！假日之前最终一次分手托福的时机stay warm in Inner Eurasia before 200,000 yearsago?
A.Fire had not yet been discovered.
B.Humans did not have access to skins or furs to help keep them warm.
C.Humans had not yet learned how to bring fire into daily use.
D.Lack of fuel made building fires on the steppes almost impossible.
2. The word "harsh " in the passageis closest in meaning to
1. abruptly=suddenly 突然地
2. insure=guarantee 保证
3. viable=capable of succeeding 可行的
4. accessible=available 可获得的
5. unprecedented=not previously experienced前所未有
7. suffice=be enough足够
8. spurt=sudden increase 急剧上升
10. vacate=empty 清空
参阅听力：TPO 16Conversation 1
1. Theuniversity decides to remodel the dormitory and add a new space to it. Whichspace do you recommend to add in your dormitory ?
2. There isgoing to have students’ TV show. which show would you like to watch. PleaseGive your reasons.
A. Interview school leaders
B. Students’ debate on political and socialtopics
C. Comedy about school life
1. Do you agree or disagree with thefollowing statement?
Your job has a greater effect on youroverall happiness than your social life does.
2. Do you agree or disagree with thefollowing statement?
People should take several differentkinds of jobs before they take a career in a long term.